WHAT GOES IN THE BIN?
More information at: http://www.lcswma.org/lcswma_recycling.cfm
CURBSIDE Recycling Revised to the BIG 4: The list of acceptable materials for placement in the curbside recycling bin has changed for Lancaster County. Only the following materials (the “Big 4”) should be placed in the curbside recycling bin:
- Corrugated Cardboard (to be cleaned and flattened)
- Plastic Bottles and Jugs (must have a neck)
- Metal Food & Beverage Cans
- Glass Bottles & Jars.
Please discard any other materials (including paper) and remember “when in doubt, throw it out”. LCSWMA will turn these materials into renewable energy.
THE LARGE CORRUGATED CARDBOARD DUMPSTER IS AVAILABLE FOR
THE TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS TO DROP OFF CORRUGATED CARDBOARD TO BE PROPERLY RECYCLED.
The dumpser is located at East Cocalico Township Municipal Building,
100 Hill Road, Denver.
NOT SURE WHERE TO TAKE A ITEM FOR PROPER RECYCLING? Find a recycling center near you by typing in the item you wish to recycle and your zip code. The website will then supply you with a listing of nearest locations to you. Please visit www.earth911.com.
The following items below are recycling items that are available to the Township residents. Located at 100 Hill Road, Denver (M-F 8am-4:30pm)
- Battery Bags for your used batteries. When the bag is full place it beside your recycling bin on your normal trash pickup day. These battery bags are available in the Township lobby area.
- Bins and Buckets for your recylables; when the bin is full place it outside on your normal trash pickup day. Available in the Township lobby area.
- CFL bulbs are collected in the Township lobby; for the smaller "spiral" or "pig tail" light bulbs only. For the larger "tubes", please contact your hauler or transport them to Lancaster County Solid Waste Authority (397-9968).
- Cardboard (corrugated only), please see left side link for more information, or click here.
- Cell Phones are collected in the Township lobby (any wireless phone, their batteries, and accessories). Be certain to deactivate your service and delete personal information.
- Christmas Trees can be dropped off at the designated area located at the Township Municipal Building, during the month of January. Open: The month of January, from dusk to dawn, 7 days a week. Please follow signs for the drop off area, and do not place on the Woody Waste pile. Please remove all decorations, including any plastic bags that you may have used to transport the tree.
- Leaf Bags (Kraft) are available to pick up in the Township lobby area. Please contact your trash hauler for the pickup days and their cost.
- Woody Waste Site, please see left side link for more information, or click here.
Romao R. Carrasco, Assistant Recycling Officer E-mail
LCSWMA = Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority: HHW (Household Hazardous Waste) materials taken for free, materials taken for a fee, directions, and hours of operation).
- Residents Guide to Recycling and Waste Disposal.
KAB Keep America Beautiful.
- More information on what can be recycled and how: www.lcswma.org/recycling